Debuff success rate of enemy mobs

Home Forums [0] Redmoon Debuff success rate of enemy mobs

Viewing 10 posts - 1 through 10 (of 10 total)
  • Author
    Slaking
    Participant

Is the CC success rate exactly how it used to be on the initial RM servers or is it being modified?

Just try to make a way through those damn mobs across a Downtown map, without booster, unique or anything. You simply CAN’T, cause you will be slowed down, frozen and blinded every 5 seconds.

Carrying 50-100 PAS isn’t just enough for hunting, since they instantly re-cast CC on me and they NEVER fail! I never saw my character resist, even a mage struggles despite his high spirit stat. After a few minutes I run out of PAS, which I can’t keep leveling without.

I don’t know, people might be using sort of anti-debuff boosters to prevent this, but for starters like me don’t have enough stock of it and just can’t get out of the nightmare.

Mushroom
    Participant

Man, yeah. DT and Sahara are rough without resistances. Old fashioned way around it was to buy a ton of PAS in Street 1 or 2 and move it to the bank. Get a couple hundred, or thousand. Then use the bank to restock. Only other advice is make a Philar asap to get Starlight, then run an extra window to buff yourself.

Mushroom
    Participant

Go here and download the RMModder and run it. It’s pretty self explanatory from there.

Slaking
    Participant

I really appreciate your detailed advice.
    I find it still annoying though, with or without enough stock of PAS. Cause I don’t wish to treat the cold after catching it, but to prevent it in the first place. Btw I’ve been told Starlight buff doesn’t last long enough, something like 10-15min? Unless Phil’s spirit is amplified super high by some sunset gears. Geeez 😌
    What’s the point about the Mod utility? Isn’t it for creating windowed RMC instances?

Mushroom
    Participant

Yeah, if you run it, it will allow you to run in windowed mode. The alt mod just converts the alt button, so pressing it makes you walk, and you run by default, so you don’t have to hold down alt when you’re on Carbs or Infinite Stamina. If you don’t like the options you select, just run the modder again and select different options (the defaults are there if you want to go back to default), and it will overwrite your previous selections. So you can’t really mess up. On Windows 7, you need to switch to 16 bit color mode to get the windows to not be black. If you’re on something else, I can’t really help you.

As for Philar’s SL, 3000 spirit = 1 minute. At level 600 it should last 10:20 (30930) with an Eternity set, or basically the length of a fat booster. You can use your boosters as a timer to know SL is also coming down, so I personally keep it there. At 900 you can do 14:20 (42990), and at 1150 it’s 17:40 (53010). You need about 7000 spirit from a Nauthiz set (17 spirit per Nauthiz at level 40-59, extremely realistic) to get it to 20 minutes (2 fat boosters), but that’s an endgame goal. Kitara 1200 = 1 minute and her buffs should last 20:45 as soon as you hit 600, and 34:30 if you max her, without sunsets.

The Canon, Lunarena, and Sadad buffs are group based, so as soon as you hit 901 you should consider not leveling them anymore since you can already group buff your 1k, and group buff your new characters as soon as they hit 802. Canon and Luna I think is 850 spirit = 1 minute. Getting them to 901 will give you 23 (Canon) and 28 (Lunarena) minutes. I think Sadad Warcry is 1000 = 1 minute, so it only lasts 19 minutes at 901.

You should also make a blue Azlar that is strong enough to survive wherever you want to plant your buffers, and just have him recall them there, so it’s easier to mobilize. Recall yourself whenever your buffs are about to wear off, and use Philar’s gate to get back.

Mushroom
    Participant

Hopefully that advice gives you a plan of action. You should probably get a Kit, Philar, and Azlar going first. It makes the game much more playable in the long run. There will most likely be more buff events in the future, if you want to hold out for one of those to get started.

• This reply was modified 1 year ago by Mushroom.
    Ephesians6
    Participant

What character are you?

Slaking
    Participant

@Mushroom

That clarifies a lot of things for me. You are truly awesome.

In fact, the gameplay till one completes his/her self-buff character package still is under huge pressure, because of the above issue. I wrote about this issue while leveling those self-buff characters: got Kitara done, got 600 Azlar, now making a Philar for Starlight, he is at low 400s. I had to go through an endurance test while getting there already(I know better now why people starts making new characters during buff events), and finally rage quit and came here to complain.

With a well-formed party the gameplay gets much easier, but I hope to be able to play even when I don’t find one.

@Ephesian6

My first char being Philar and I am actually growing another Phil and Canon for self-buff purpose.

Ephesians6
    Participant

Nice. Sounds like you are well on your way. If you need any anubyne to help you get through, let me know.

Slaking
    Participant

@Ephesian6

Thank you kindly 😋 You guys the best!

Viewing 10 posts - 1 through 10 (of 10 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.