Game issue

Home Forums [0] Redmoon Game issue

This topic contains 12 replies, has 5 voices, and was last updated by  EagleEyes 2 months ago.

Viewing 13 posts - 1 through 13 (of 13 total)
  • Author

DopeX
    Participant

Has anyone experienced, or know how to fix, an issue where all text disappears after a few minutes of play? From stats to item quantity it all goes away and needs to reload. My friend just reinstalled the game and has this issue and it makes it hard to play. Any help would be appreciated.

AirJig (Shades)
    Participant

What operating system is he on? I’d recommend getting a VM with windows XP or windows 7 on it. Seems to be the best way to play nowadays. I have seen this issue once before but not sure if it ever got fixed or not.

DopeX
    Participant

He has windows 7. Not sure if the issue would persist on a vim although we have discussed getting virtual xp. Also I play on windows 10 with no issue so idk.

GC Dank
    Participant

Hi DopeX,

what do you mean by “all text disappears”

bigolbp
    Participant

So when in windowed mode (with 16 bit color), after about 10 minutes of game time all of the text in the game just disappears, this includes the chat box text, both in the chat and the dialogue box above the character, all stats, level, and name of the character are just blank, when I hover over toons or items laying on the ground no text appears. In my inventory and my quick bar I can see items but there is no quantity and when I hover over them it does not show text identifying the item. It seems to work perfectly for about 10 minutes and then it just goes away. It happens regardless of ClearType mode. I am working with Win7 pro, I have also tried using the XP compatibility mode.

However, if I play in full screen mode with 64 bit color it works fine.

AirJig (Shades)
    Participant

Pretty sure this is an issue with 64 bit operating systems. They can’t handle 16-bit colors correctly for whatever reason, Win 8 and 10 don’t even give you the option to go down to 16-bit colors.

GC Dank
    Participant

I’m sure some people use A 64 bit OP…

AirJig (Shades)
    Participant

It “works” full screen but windowed mode has issues.

bigolbp
    Participant

My apologies, I mean “32 bit color” not 64 bit operating system. Full screen mode works perfectly in 32 bit color, but it won’t allow me to run windowed mode in 32 bit color, it only allows 16 bit color, but for whatever reason when I use 16 bit color it creates this problem for me.

AirJig (Shades)
    Participant

Hmm, 16-bit colors should work in windowed mode – maybe there’s some sort of desktop visual theme that is causing an issue? maybe try setting your display settings for windows to Performance? I’ll keep brainstorming lol

EagleEyes
    Participant

I had this issue in Windows Vista Home 64bit once. It only happened when I left my PC idle and the game running. My remedy at the time was to change my power settings so the PC wouldn’t do some weird power saving mumbojumbo and go to sleep, ect. I changed it from power save to “high performance”. That did the trick for me for awhile but I was still experiencing issues.

I then had to take a look at my bios. Sometimes the bios can have unnecessary power saving options throttling the cpu when it goes idle. I had like 4 options throttling my cpu when the pc was idle. So I turned off those, and never had problems again.

bigolbp
    Participant

I found the display settings that allowed me to turn off a lot of appearance stuff to “optimize performance” but that didn’t help, is that the same thing you guys are talking about?

EagleEyes
    Participant

Yes that’s it for the display settings. But I am referring to the Power Options in your control panel. Just make sure your power options are set for high performance. Click the bubble by “high performance”. Than try out the game and let us know if your situation improved or not.

Viewing 13 posts - 1 through 13 (of 13 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.