How does RMC work on Windows 10?

Home Forums [0] Redmoon How does RMC work on Windows 10?

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 16 total)
  • Author
    Classy
    Participant

Please let me know what you think about Windows 10 🙂

DodgeEm-Casey-BORN
    Participant

I would like to know this as well. I do not know much about computers. The results of myself changing anything would not be fun to fix.

Goebs71
    Participant

Well it will play but its not as smooth, it tends to lag abit. Not sure how to put it.

Gushy
    Participant

I could not get windowed mode to work properly with multiple sessions. Ended up installing on a virtual machine running Windows XP.

Aloria
    Participant

Right click Redmoon Application, goto Properties -> Compatibility -> Run in 640×480

For fullscreen on Win10, helps a lot.

Aloria
    Participant

Actually, ended up doing the VM thing / playing on my laptop since I hate forced fullscreen ;~;

Easy guide: http://www.download3k.com/articles/How-to-add-an-XP-Mode-Virtual-Machine-to-Windows-10-or-8-using-Hyper-V-00770

Shades
    Participant

How does it run in the VM? I tried to set up a couple different VMs with different programs (including hyper-v) and it didn’t run very well for me on any of them . . . it very well could be my computer though.

Gushy
    Participant

Runs smoothly for me. I’m actually running 2 VMs at once, with a total of ~ 6 sessions typically. I’m using virtualization to allow utilization of multiple cores, and gave the primary VM 100% access to 3 of 4 codes, with the secondary having 100% of 1 core. RAM needs are pretty modest – Even running 6 on a single VM, it’s still under 1GB used. This is on an Intel i5-3570 processor – decent but neither extreme nor super recent. Of course, I am also running both VMs off of my primary SSD, so that could definitely be aiding my succes. You may also want to take the effort to turn off unnecessary start-up processes and services on the guest OS – when I first set it up, Windows Update kept hogging CPU time, and turning it and few other services off made a big difference.

castero759
    Participant

I have virtual machine and redmoon working now, but the window for the windows xp is rather small. I can’t find how to increase the window size, it literally only takes up about 1/4 of my entire screen, i’d like it to cover most of my screen, anyone know how?

Gushy
    Participant

Are you using VirtualBox? If so, when you launch a VM, you should see a menu bar at the top (if not, try Right CTRL + Home combo to bring it up.) From that menu, if you haven’t already, choose Devices > Insert Guest Additions CD Image. Then install guest additions – it will include various new drivers that allow many more resolutions. Once that is done, in the VirtualBox menu under View, you can choose to “Auto resize guest display”, which will change the resolution as you drag the window to make it bigger or smaller, or if you press Right CTRL + F to go to fullscreen mode. If you prefer larger, but not fullscreen, you can also set the resolution from inside the XP VM, by right clicking on the desktop, clicking Properties, then the Settings tab (though I think you’ll need the “auto resize” option from VBox turned off.

Hope that helps!
    Gushy

castero759
    Participant

I’m using hyper V, I don’t see the options you are describing.

PJ
    Participant

I’m running it on windows 10 and it runs fine. Only issue I’ve had is with minimizing the program. When it comes back up, the cursor is doubled and not everything displays, requiring me to log off and then back on. Only other issue I’ve had is antivirus putting the exe file in quarantine, that only needed an exception.

castero759
    Participant

That is the only issue I have, the tabbing problem. There has to be another solution to it, because having to use virtual machines creates more problems then it solves to me.

EagleEyes
    Participant

The issues I am having is it really really lags on windows 10 whenever I click too much to change direction in which my character is running or whenever I attack. However if I tab out and back into game the issue disappears. But that presents an entirely new issue whenever I do that, my cursor turns into a glitchy double cursor mess, and I can’t see where I am actually clicking, until I log out and resart the program and go back to my first issue.

hoodpaul000
    Participant

why cant I get my windows10 to run redmoon properly… ive downloaded and installed many times, it just says the shortcut has been moved when I try to open it or something.. weird, and the one patch when downloads says there is a virus.
    I haven’t played in a while..

I also downloaded vb, and don’t know how to work it if someone can help me with that

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 16 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.