Online servers?

Home Forums [0] Redmoon Online servers?

Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)
  • Author
    JMoney
    Participant

I give props to this server for staying up and being consistent but the leveling is just so slow. Any other servers confirmed up and running? or maybe a chance this server could boost XP rates to make it more enjoyable? Redmoon Fantasy seems to be a hit or miss.

Evolution
    Participant

The server’s exp rate is currently at 4x normal exp. If that isn’t good enough for you then maybe Redmoon isn’t for you. The leveling isn’t slow. I see many make characters over 600 within a week. If you never played it originally then you have no idea just how fast this actually is. If you don’t like a slight challenge to games then why even play at all?

JMoney
    Participant

Ignoring the condescending tone of your reply, I was actually a beta tester back on Diosa as a kid, but after being exposed to servers that allow you to get past the boring first part and actually grind in the places a lot of people never got to is what is appealing for most of us looking for higher XP. Again, your attitude was not necessary for a simple request for information.

Evolution
    Participant

Just telling it like it is.

Mushroom
    Participant

My argument against Pegasus (and any server like it) was that you flew through all of the maps in a day, which trivialized their existence (why even have them?), and then spent the next couple of months in the Sky Dungeon and event maps. 10 levels equaled 1 level on that server. And then you had your character fully upgraded equipment-wise within your first 10% of levels, with only marginal gains after that. Imagine having your character fully upgraded by level 200 with 800 levels to go.

And then they raised the level cap without balancing the characters or adjusting the mechanics of the game to be suitable for the new caps. Sure, you spend more time in the newer content, but even that gets old after a while, and then you break it all down and realize there’s no difference between that server and this one, other than it was less stable and less balanced.

The crux of the matter is that this game is almost 20 years old and hasn’t had legitimate new content in over a decade. Most people come back for nostalgia, so to find a version of the game where you can fly through it within a week is awesome for that. I’m interested in Redmoon 2.0, the new engine, to see if this game can see a steady flow of new content again, because experience rates aren’t going to solve the current problem.

Mushroom
    Participant

I thought the Battle Dimension was amazing for people who wanted to break up the grind with a faster pace. Nobody has gotten it to work though.

JMoney
    Participant

No you’re not “telling it like it is” , you’re giving a rude opinion.

Evolution
    Participant

Opinion? Definitely! Rude? I guess if you are a pansy.

Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.