VMWare and Redmoon

Home Forums [0] Redmoon VMWare and Redmoon

Viewing 2 posts - 1 through 2 (of 2 total)
  • Author
    Starchild
    Participant

Hi everyone.

I’m using a Macbook Pro and a Virtual Machine running Windows XP. I dual boot Windows 10, but Redmoon doesn’t work under Windows 10 anyway. When I launch Redmoon, nothing happens. Redmoon appears briefly in the task manager and then closes.
    Does anyone have any ideas?

Best,
    Starchild

• This topic was modified 5 months, 1 week ago by Starchild.
    EagleEyes
    Participant

From my experience with this issue, there are 3 things that can cause this to happen. Your anti virus program can cause this so make sure to add anything redmoon related to the exclusions lists. Another thing that can cause and is more the more common culprit to the problem is user account control, so make sure when you run the program that you are running it as an “Administrator”. You could go to the properties of the shortcut and go the compatibility tab and check the box that says “Always run as Administrator”. And while you are there make sure all the boxes are checked and run the game in compatibility mode for XP SVC pack 2.

The last thing that might happen is this, even if all these things are true the game might still do this. But it will run, you will just have to keep trying. Once it’s done this a total of 20 times for me before starting up, that was my worse case. Again just make sure all the above is true before constantly trying to run the program like this or it will never run. This is just my 2 cents.

Viewing 2 posts - 1 through 2 (of 2 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.