vpn question GM Come in. I beg you.

Home Forums [0] Redmoon vpn question GM Come in. I beg you.

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)
  • Author
    코쵸시노부
    Participant

hi I am Korean.
    Is it illegal to change ip address to vpn because of rack?
    Since I live in Korea, I changed the ip to Korean server differently.
    I wonder if there is a reason for the suspension of the account.
    Waiting for your reply GM

Is used vpn “softether vpn client” program

GCSirin
    Keymaster

We don’t prohibit the use of VPNs to connect to the server but it may associate your accounts with other players if they also use the same VPN (as if you were sharing accounts).

It isn’t clear from your post why you want to use one.

Slaking
    Participant

Let me elaborate on this, cause I was the one who told him to try VPN.

Last night(must have been daytime in US) some players —including him— have claimed that the game server was so laggy that either their character moved almost seconds after command, or they got stuck on an infinite loading screen; they also said they were unable to open this website up, either.

I told them using VPN might change things, which came out to be true: this guy got around to play RMC without the delay anymore, just by bypassing geolocation through a VPN (he told he set it to somewhere in Korea).

Well, after reflexion we came to realize admins might take it as a unfair way of play, or sort of things. That’s pretty much what made him to leave this post here.

GCSirin
    Keymaster

I see. The VPN is probably rerouting traffic around a slow/congested point which could help with lag. A more consistent latency is usually better than it jumping around due to dropped/delayed packets. The game client often just crashes if it gets bad enough.

Being stuck on a map loading screen COULD be a firewall issue but it’s not on RMC’s side. The maps use ports in the 10100-10700 range and I know of at least one person who has had a problem before (I believe some of the ports are associated with other applications that very strict firewalls may block).

The only reasons I can think of the website not loading are a real network failure or managing to trigger the temporary IP ban scripts with failed logins.

Anyway, feel free to use a VPN if it makes your game experience better.

코쵸시노부
    Participant

thank gm^^ speed message nice
    Slaking thank^^me too

Slaking
    Participant

Glad to see everything got sorted out 😀 and thanks for even more detail to it, that sort of tells me how I should treat similar situations. You are the best.

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.